In today’s tough times we are all trying to do more with less and maximize our assets to the greatest degree possible. In sales one can only have one conversation with a prospect at one time. However, if you integrate Live Chat into the equation with a team of well trained Business Developers who can properly interact and communicate to determine need and or pain, you can extend that reach by factors of 200% – 400%. That’s a meaningful impact!
LiveChat enables the BD to quickly assess the need and get the Prospect into the right process for follow up. This may include moving the prospect into a more detailed Lead Qualification call, a Sales Lead Pipeline, a nurturing track or other non sales (technical support) tracks. Yes, utilizing Live Chat will divert a number of Prospects from the Contact Us forms on your site. The benefit is instant communication with these constituents.
You will also not be in a race with your competition to see who can reach the prospect first.To ensure success the Business Development team needs to be not only well versed in all that you do, but must also be proficient in identifying need/pain and sales opportunity. They need to have a detailed knowledge of the organizations roadmap and access to information to pass to the visitors. Using “Operators” that are reliant on canned messages that shoehorn all visitors to fit or merely have them ask if you want a salesperson to make contact does not make for a good or productive experience. In fact, it could be a huge turnoff.
Here are 4 pointers to keep in mind when using LiveChat to build your prospect pipeline:1.
- Understand that Live Chat is a dialogue just like a phone call.
- Because this is a dialogue, make sure the Business Developer is smart and can respond quickly and intelligently to each post by the prospect.
- Canned responses if used must be well written and focused. Use of canned messages that do not relate to the question can turn the Prospect off quickly.
- Make sure your Business Developers have the tools to move those ‘chatters’ who do not have needs for your products and/or solutions quickly to the right department or information.
- As in any sales call, one should always be moving the relationship toward greater levels of engagement and commitment.
- Your brand is important, make sure the chat helps build it:
- Be respectful of the prospect
- React to their needs and interests rather than pushing your agenda.
- Articulate responses in proper English. Spelling and grammar does count.
- Be polite and take no short cuts.
If you’d like to learn more about how this works and how you can leverage your website to generate highly qualified leads call us on 1.800.466.4384 (914.747.3030).